Are you passionate about discovering and characterizing lead bispecific antibodies for the treatment of cancer?
IN VIVO PHARMACOLOGY SCIENTIST
- 36 – 40 hrs/ wk
- Netherlands, Utrecht
The pre-clinical team is responsible for characterizing bispecific antibody lead candidates and uncovering their mechanisms of action. Joining Merus means joining our pursuit to develop advanced therapies that address unmet needs in cancer treatment.
As an in vivo pharmacology scientist, you are responsible for designing and organizing of a wide range in vivo studies for preclinical evaluation of Biclonics® candidates with immune-modulatory properties in the field of oncology. Your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Developing in vivo strategies to characterize novel lead therapeutic Biclonics® candidates;
- Developing and validating in vivo models;
- Designing, organizing and supervising of studies in a timely manner;
- Analysing, recording and communicating findings;
- Overseeing and contributing to multiple research projects simultaneously;
- Working together with external service providers offering in vivo models
We offer a competitive salary and flexible working hours. Our talented international team works in an inspiring area of Utrecht (Utrecht Science Park) in a brand new state-of-the-art facility. We also offer an excellent pension scheme, company bonus, and 30 days’ annual holiday based on a full-time position. We care about team spirit and organize several company events each year.
Working at Merus provides you with opportunities to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success. You will have the chance to make an impact within the oncology field by helping to develop bispecific antibody therapies (Biclonics®) to fight cancer. Merus’ headquarters are located in the Netherlands, but we also have offices in the US and many collaborations around the world. As of 2016 we are listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange and over the last 10 years we have taken several candidate drugs into clinical trials. For more information, please visit www.merus.nl.
When hiring new employees, we look for people who will fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous, and entrepreneurial spirit of our company.
We are looking for an in vivo pharmacology scientist with the following expertise and competencies:
- You hold a PhD in Immunology or Oncology
- You have a minimum of 2 years’ postdoctoral experience;
- You have a broad expertise in the generation and validation of in vivo models in the area of immunology;
- You are an expert in various supporting techniques, including immunological assays and flow cytometry;
- You have effective communication skills, both verbal and written;
- You are a highly collaborative scientist who works well in teams;
- You work independently, taking your responsibilities;
- You integrate, using your judgement skills, experimental findings into new experimental proposals.
Apply directly or for more information about the application procedure, please contact Merus Recruitment via telephone number +31(0)30 – 253 8800. Please send in your application by May 6, 2019 at the latest via this link.
Keywords: Vacancy, Research, In vivo pharmacology scientist, PhD, Immunology,Oncology, Uttrecht