(SENIOR) TRANSLATIONAL SCIENTIST – ONCOLOGY
- 36-40 hrs/wk
- Netherlands, Utrecht
As a Scientist in the Translational Science team you will design and manage the translational strategy for two novel antibody products (MCLA-158 and MCLA-129) in the -oncology space, that are currently in the early clinical development phase. Both products are bispecific antibody therapeutics that target receptor tyrosine kinase (RTK) pathways on cancer cells.
- Works closely with preclinical, medical and clinical team members to create high quality clinical biomarker and Translational strategies
- Designs studies using study plans in close collaboration with supervisor and laboratory staff ;
- Applies standardized and exploratory tools to characterize drug mechanisms and potential diagnostic strategies.
- Monitors progress of studies;
- Analyzes biomarker data generated in Merus’ clinical trials and reports data to the development team to support clinical development
- Translates goals into action and accomplish milestones within timelines;
- Reports and documents study results; prepares presentations
- Evaluates requirement for companion diagnostic development.
- Represents Translational Science in multidisciplinary development teams
- Authors biomarker sections in trial protocols, ICFs, IRB responses, and other regulatory documents.
- Stay up to date on technologies and emerging biomarker concepts in (immune)-oncology.
- Primary liaison for academic partners and KOLs on program-related research collaborations.
- Develops and validates necessary biomarker assays for clinical trials.
- Works closely with specialty labs and CRO for biomarker analyses and maintains oversight.
- Ensures that studies are conducted according to good scientific principles and design and in compliance with regulatory guidelines (e.g. GCP, GDPR), where applicable.
- Support IP filing(s) for the program.
- Responsible for coaching and (development of) research staff.
- Represents Merus Translational discipline in partnership with Betta Pharmaceutical
Working at Merus provides you with opportunities to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success. You will have the chance to make an impact within the oncology field by helping to develop bispecific antibody therapies (Biclonics®) to fight cancer. Merus’ headquarters are located in the Netherlands, with a US headquarters of its subsidiary Merus US Inc. in Cambridge Massachusetts. We also have many collaborations around the world. As of 2016 we are listed on Nasdaq Global Market and over the last 10 years we have taken several candidate drugs into clinical trials. For more information, please visit www.merus.nl. When hiring new employees, we look for people who will fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous, and entrepreneurial spirit of our company.
We would like to get in touch with you if you meet the following requirements:
- PhD or MD degree in life sciences (oncology, immunology, molecular biology, cell biology or related field) and 5+ years industry experience of translational or clinical biomarker research in a clinical trial setting, preferably related to cancer biology.
- Scientific background in tumor biology, RTK signaling pathways and immunology, (preferably immuno-oncology) with a track record of scientific publications.
- Clinical development experience interacting with teams conducting clinical trials.
- Demonstrated experience in translational sciences, discovering and employing pharmacodynamic, predictive and exploratory biomarkers.
- Experience in analysis of large omics-type datasets and knowledge of biostatistics e.g. DNA/RNAseq data.
- Experience in assay development, qualification and implementing biomarker assays on diverse platforms including IHC, ligand binding assays, flow cytometry.
- Effectively work in cross-functional teams on various levels within the organization as well as with CROs/academic groups/KOLs.
- Companion diagnostics development experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills in English.
We will invite a number of candidates for a first interview, scheduled mid August. An interview with HR as well as an assignment will take place prior to our final selection for this challenging position.
We offer a competitive salary and flexible working hours. Our talented international team works in an inspiring area of Utrecht (Utrecht Science Park) in a brand new state-of-the-art facility. We also offer an excellent pension scheme, company bonus, and 30 days annual holiday based on a full-time position. We care about team spirit and organize several company events each year.
Apply directly or for more information about the application procedure, please contact Merus Recruitment via telephone number +31(0)30 – 253 8800.
Keywords: Vacancy, PhD, MD, Research, Scientist, Life sciences, Oncology, Immunology, Molecular biology, Cell biology, Utrecht