At SkylineDx we live to make a difference. It is our mission to improve a patient’s quality of life by enabling them to benefit from personal insights at the genomic level of their disease. That means we are continuously innovating the world of gene signature-based diagnostic testing. That also means we have a unique blend of characteristics. We have our soft side. Our culture is oftentimes described as familial, warm, loyal and highly engaged. We have our rational side where exact sciences are driving our mission. And when needed our passionate side surfaces to clear the way so we can serve society with science based solutions.
Your job in a nutshell
The Scientist provides scientific and clinical support on several projects that cover the full range of in-vitro diagnostic assay development process, including marker discovery, development, validation and market authorization activities. You work in SkylineDx’ multidisciplinary development team: scientists, lab technicians, study directors, software engineers and the QA/RA department. Externally, you liaise with clinical investigators and drive academic collaborations. Together we ensure the validation and implementation of clinically relevant scientific discoveries into reliable medical diagnostic assays for diagnosis, prognosis and drug effectiveness prediction that will ultimately contribute to improved patient care.
- a MSc or PhD degree in molecular biology, (bio)pharmacy, (bio)chemistry or another relevant subject
- knowledge about molecular diagnostics, genomics, assay validation and statistics (pre)
- experience in gene expression analysis e.g. microarray or NGS technology (pre)
- 1-2 years’ experience in project management
- experience with working under GxP conditions
- experience with translating state-of-the-art science into products that matter to patients (pre)
- intrinsic motivation to make a positive contribution to health care and provide solutions for patients
- strong analytical skills and creative approach to problem solving
- the ability to motivate the team and manage both internal and external collaborations
- an entrepreneurial mind-set and are able to work in an environment with high quality standards
- an excellent command in written and spoken English (required)
- a full-time position, a market competitive salary and market competitive secondary conditions of employment.
- opportunities for personal growth.
- the best of two worlds: a career in life sciences at an innovative biotech company with the emphasis on clinical diagnostics in close collaboration with an academic environment.
- the ability to serve society with science based solutions.
Send your resume and motivation letter to Deborah Wigmans (HR) at email@example.com. If you have questions or want more information, don’t hesitate to contact us. You’ll find the contact details here on our website. We will make sure it lands on the right desk!
Keywords; Vacancy, Research, Master, WO, PhD, molecular biology, (bio)pharmacy, (bio)chemistry, Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland