PROTEIN PRODUCTION SCIENTIST
- Netherlands, Utrecht
The Analytical Support team is responsible for the production and characterization of multi specific antibody formats, and plays an important role in the discovery of groundbreaking new medicines for the treatment of cancer. Joining Merus means joining our pursuit to develop advanced therapies that address unmet needs in cancer treatment.
As a protein production scientist your main tasks and responsibilities are the following:
- Design, write and execute experimental studies;
- Cloning and production of large antibody panels;
- Characterization of antibodies in a range of assays including biophysical, affinity, specificity;
- Optimizing antibody sequences for CMC;
- Optimizing procedures;
- Delivering results in a timely manner;
- Propagating skills and knowledge to team members;
- Collaboration with external parties.
We are looking for a protein production scientist / antibody engineer with the following knowledge and expertise:
- You hold a PhD degree in molecular biology or protein chemistry with a minimum of 5 years relevant post-doctoral or industrial experience in protein production and characterization
- You have broad experience in molecular biology and/or protein chemistry;
- You have demonstrated excellence in the production and analysis of antibodies and recombinant proteins;
- You have in depth experience with analytical methods such as SPR, HIC, HP-SEC, CEX-HPLC, nMS
- You are a highly collaborative scientist who works well in teams;
- You are quality-driven and focused on solutions;
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills in English
We offer a competitive salary and flexible working hours. Our talented international team works in an inspiring area of Utrecht (Utrecht Science Park) in a state-of-the-art facility. We also offer an excellent pension scheme, company bonus, and 30 days annual holiday based on a full-time position. We care about team spirit and organize several company events each year.
Working at Merus provides you with opportunities to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success. You will have the chance to make an impact within the oncology field by helping to develop specific antibody therapies (Multiclonics®) to fight cancer. Merus’ headquarters are located in the Netherlands, with a US headquarters of its subsidiary Merus US Inc. in Cambridge Massachusetts. We also have many collaborations around the world. As of 2016 we are listed on Nasdaq Global Market and over the last 10 years we have taken several candidate drugs into clinical trials. For more information, please visit www.merus.nl.
When hiring new employees, we look for people who will fit in well with the collaborative, rigorous, and entrepreneurial spirit of our company.
Apply directly via our website! Please send in your application by December 4th 2020 at the latest.
Keywords: Vacancy, PhD, Research, Scientist, Molecular biology, Protein chemistry, Utrecht