Pepscan is an all-in-one partner in peptides, building on 25 years of experience in advancing and applying peptide expertise to facilitate customers in the discovery, development and production of peptides. At its end-to-end facility in Lelystad, the Netherlands, Pepscan offers a range of patented technologies, phage display capabilities, a lead-optimization array platform and production facilities for R&D- to GMP-grade peptides, including libraries and neoantigen vaccines. Among its patents is the CLIPS™ technology, which locks peptides into active conformations.
With its epitope mapping service platform, Pepscan also supports biotech companies in developing their antibody pipelines. The underlying protein mimicry platform delivers binding insights, even in cases where other technologies, such as linear, fall short.
Pepscan is rapidly building a strong position in the supply of (pools of) personalized peptides for neoantigen vaccines (cancer therapy) and aims to become a world leader in this field. The perfect match between the key success factors in this niche market – timely and reliably delivery of peptides -and Pepscan’s strengths – extensive knowledge and practical expertise, its flexible team, redundant set-up in the all-in-one facility in Lelystad – provide the foundation from which to achieve this aim.
To realize our ambition, we are looking for a
PRODUCT SPECIALIST PERSONALIZED PEPTIDES
The Product Specialist is the first contact point with (potential) customers, and ensures that customers’ clinical trials are successfully facilitated by maximally leveraging the production capabilities and expertise of Pepscan.
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial, loves interactions with (potential) customers, and is thrilled by being in the frontline of breakthrough developments in cancer therapies. The candidate has an overview of the pharmaceutical industry, and has a sound understanding of the pharmaceutical development process and more specifically clinical trials. He/she is able to use this knowledge to abstract the requirements for Pepscan’s offering for customers’ projects. The Product Specialist will need to leverage internal team expertise (operations, project management, regulatory, science & technology, etc.) to come to a project offering that can indeed drive the success of the customers’ trials.
- Ensure Pepscan’s capabilities are known and recognized throughout the niche market for personalized peptides – and build rapport with contacts of potential key customers
- Bring business opportunities to fruition and develop long-term relationships by focusing on the unique key success factors of each customer
- Develop customer-specific project proposals that maximally leverage Pepscan’s capabilities and expertise in aiding customers’ projects
- Remain engaged in ongoing projects to help ensure that customer expectations are fully met at all times
- Gather and communicate relevant market information to management team
- Ensure that project proposals and meeting updates are submitted in a timely manner
- Higher level of education (B.Sc./M.Sc.) in a relevant discipline such as chemistry or biochemistry
- Experience with(in) the pharmaceutical industry is a prerequisite
- Experience in a commercial environment is an advantage
- Successful track record in selling (including negotiation and deal closure skills)
- Demonstrated success in building relationships on trust, engagement and long-term commitment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Commercial drive
- Willing to make trips abroad to visit customers (estimated at once every two months – mainly US/EU) and in possession of a driver’s license
- Knowledge of peptide synthesis is an advantage
- Project management skills are an advantage
What we offer
The position offers an opportunity to work within a team (35 FTE) of entrepreneurial, science-loving colleagues, all of whom are committed to improving the lives of patients through the potential of peptides.
Pepscan offers an informal working environment, with a great deal of room for personal development and room to shape your role. We offer a market conform salary and a good pension plan. The right candidate will be welcomed enthusiastically.
Please send your application to Sylvia Boelens HR – firstname.lastname@example.org before February 28, 2020
Keywords: Vacancy, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Laboratory research, Laboratory technology, Pharmacy, Relationship management, Master, HLO, HBO, Lelystad, Flevoland.