Groundbreaking research with state-of-the-art cellular and molecular techniques!
POSTDOCTORAL MOLECULAR / CELL BIOLOGIST
- 36 hours
You will work on an exciting project to discover novel immune mechanisms helping to control mycobacterial infection with implications leading to new therapeutic approaches for tuberculosis. You will apply CRISPR technology as well as genome and transcriptome analyses to dissect mechanisms of interaction between human macrophages and mycobacteria.
We are looking for a highly ambitious researcher with:
- a PhD in biomedical sciences;
- a good publication record and;
- an extensive experience in cell culture, immunology and molecular biology techniques, including gene cloning, western blotting and FACS.
Experience of working in the Biological Safety Level 3 environment is desirable, but not necessary, as training will be provided.
Your work environment
A postdoctoral position of molecular / cell biologist is available in the research group of Prof Sergey Nejentsev investigating genetic and functional mechanisms of susceptibility to infection (e.g. Angulo I. et al, Science 2013; Cuchet-Lourenco D. et al, Science 2018; Curtis J. et al, Nature Genetics 2015; Eletto D. et al, Nature Communications 2016). The group is based at the department of Molecular Cell Biology and Immunology (MCBI) at Amsterdam UMC. The working language in the group is English. The MCBI department consists of several research groups that study cellular and molecular interactions in health and disease at a high, internationally competitive level.
The project will be performed at the modern facilities of the O|2 Lab Building in collaboration with the group of Prof Wilbert Bitter (e.g. Ates et al, Nature Microbiology 2018) and in close contact with the group of Prof Nejentsev based at the University of Cambridge.
Working at Amsterdam UMC means working in an inspiring and professional environment in which developing one`s talents and skills is encouraged. We offer you ample opportunity for development, deepening and broadening, additional training and a place to grow!
Salary Scale 10: 2911 tot 4615 euro gross when employed full-time (depending on qualifications and experience).
The monthly wage will increase yearly.
In addition we offer:
- In addition to a good salary, we offer, among other things, 8.3% end-of-year bonus and 8% holiday allowance.
- Free and unlimited access to the training offer of our online learning environment GoodHabitz.
- Your pension is accrued at The Dutch Pension Fund for government and education employees (ABP). Amsterdam UMC contributes 70% of this scheme.
- We reimburse 75% of your public transport travel costs and also offer a bicycle arrangement.
- For non-Dutch citizens there is an opportunity to receive a 30% tax break.
- The position is available for 1 year in the first instance with the possibility of extension for up to 4 years.
For more information about our employment conditions, please visit our website.
For Dutch citizens it is mandatory to provide a certificate of conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag; VOG).
Please send your CV, contact information of three referees and a covering letter describing your experience and your interest in this position.
Information and application
Don’t hesitate to call us!
If you’re interested about this position, you can contact prof. dr. Sergey Nejentsev, via telephone number 020-4448704. If you need more information about the application procedure, contact Brend de Jong, corporate recruiter at 020-4448704.
You can apply till 2 February 2021 by using the below link.
No agencies please
Key words: Vacancy, Research, PhD, Postdoc, Biomedical sciences, Fulltime, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland