Today, society faces major challenges, including climate change, pollution, lack of education, unemployment, and providing security, well-being and health(care) to all. To address these challenges, it is important to converge different disciplines to provide entirely new solutions and enhanced capabilities.
POSTDOC POSITIONS ON CONVERGENCE FOR HEALTH AND TECHNOLOGY PROJECTS
- 36 – 38 hours
- Closing date 30-12-2020
- Vacancy number 51.15.19.RvB
Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), Erasmus MC and Erasmus University Rotterdam (EUR) have the ambition to become a worldwide frontrunner in convergence by:
- Shaping the field of convergence, including the exploration of new research fields,
- Educating the next generation of professionals on the intersection of technology, medical sciences, economy and management, attracting students worldwide;
- Developing new business opportunities, supporting big transformations in health(care), and bringing new innovative solutions to society and its citizens globally.
As a first step towards this ambition, all parties concerned have adopted a convergence strategy for health(care) and technology. To kickstart the implementation of this convergence strategy, attract convergence talent and connect research groups to our institutes, we have created 34 vacancies for post-doctoral researchers within 17 two-year projects (2 postdocs per project, 1 from TU Delft and 1 from Erasmus MC).
Erasmus MC stands for a healthy population and excellence in healthcare. By conducting groundbreaking work, we aim to push boundaries through leading the way in research, education and healthcare. We have access to the latest equipment and techniques in a state-of-the-art environment.
Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) is a multifaceted institution offering education and carrying out research in the technical sciences at an internationally recognised level. Education, research and design are strongly oriented towards applicability. TU Delft develops technologies for future generations, focusing on sustainability, safety and economic vitality. At TU Delft you will work in an environment where technical sciences and society converge. TU Delft comprises eight faculties, unique laboratories, research institutes and schools.
Qualifications and skills
We seek Postdocs with different backgrounds, including researchers with a basic science, engineering, design, biomedical or clinical background. Please visit the convergence website https:/convergence.healthandtechnology.nl for details on each project. The Flagships projects are:
In the field of Nanobiology and Molecular Medicine:
- Sub-cellular biopsy: a key technology advancing fundamental knowledge for effective cancer treatment
- Single-cell discovery of molecular mechanisms and biomarkers for targeted proton therapy (oral squamous cell carcinoma)
- Inferring the cellular and molecular complexity of health and disease from liquid biopsies using advanced computational modelling
- Generating tissues by designing the cellular microenvironment In the field of Health Data Science
In the field of Health data science:
- Patient-data tracking, collection and modelling
- Architecting a scalable and secure database for patient-data
- Data analytics & decision making
- Creating and implementing the value based ‘My digital twin” from the earliest moment in life and throughout the life course.
In the field of Biomedical Imaging:
- Quantitative Susceptibility MRI: Deep insights in cardio- and neurovasculature
- Deeping Imaging of Electro-Mechanics
- Imaging Genetics for Osteoarthritis
- Broad spectrum, high precision theranostic cancer therapy
In the field of Smart Surgery and Interventions:
- Combining the smart knife with augmented reality
- Precision diagnostics of cartilage load in knee osteoarthritis
- Endovascular thrombectomy
Before you apply please check our conditions for employment.
Terms of employment
The gross monthly salary ranges from € 3.389,- to € 4.274,- depending on your level of education and relevant experience and based on a full-time workweek. The terms of employment are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreements of the participating institutes.
Information and application
For more information about this position and to apply please visit https://convergence.healthandtechnology.nl.
No agencies please
Key words: Vacancy, Research, PhD, Postdoc, Nanobiology, Molecular sciences, Biomedical, Health and Technology, Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland