POSTDOC IN POPULATION PHARMACOMETRIC MODELING
PB-PK, PK-PD modeling
- 36 hours
- Closing date 01-10-2019
The post-doc will:
- Develop and apply disease models, perform pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamics, physiology-based pharmacokinetic modeling and exposure-response analyses, and utilize model-based simulations with the goal to optimize dosing of drugs in adult and pediatric patients;
- Develop innovative models to help the integration of new data and/or new experiments;
- Contribute to establishing pharmacometrics capabilities and infrastructure (e.g. development of tools for recurrent and consistent analysis, development and implementation of guidance documents and SOP’s);
- Develop and implement new (statistical) techniques;
- Teach and supervise of Bachelor, Master and PhD students;
- Write scientific papers and present the work at international conferences;
- Write grant applications;
- Conduct Infectious Diseases and Microbiology data analysis as a standard part of the work package, due to several PhD students and funding.
Erasmus MC stands for a healthy population and excellence in healthcare. By conducting groundbreaking work, we aim to push boundaries through leading the way in research, education and healthcare. We have access to the latest equipment and techniques in a state-of-the-art environment.
We are offering a Postdoc Position in Population Pharmacometric Modeling for a dedicated scientist in the Pharmacy Department of the Erasmus Medical Center. Observational clinical (e.g. Therapeutic Drug Monitoring-data, and efficacy and toxicity markers) as well as prospectively collected adult and pediatric data deliver a continuous flow of data for modelling. Data in our group are collected in the Erasmus MC as well as from (inter)national collaborations.
The focus of our research group is on PK/PD of antimicrobial therapy, immunosuppressants, oncology and pediatric pharmacology. The next couple of years our vision is to perpetuate our prominent modeling group in Erasmus MC and to broaden our research focus (intern)nationally.
- Several postdocs with modelling expertise and several PhD students of which 6 modelling. Aim is to enlarge the pharmacometric capacity and develop and explore/implement new techniques;
- The large pharmacy laboratory supports quantification of all kinds of drugs, and the development of new assays for research and clinical purposes;
- Healthy financial flow and successful grant applications.
Qualifications and skills
To best fit into our exciting research team we expect the following qualifications:
- PhD degree in Medicine, Mathematics, Pharmacy or similar with knowledge in applied biostatistics and interested in a multidisciplinary work environment;
- Extensive knowledge of PD, PBPK modelling in NONMEM, R-statistics;
- Some experience in grant applications;
- Self-motivated and career-oriented with strong critical thinking and communication skills, be well organized, and display initiative and enthusiasm;
- Independent and visionary;
- Very good English language skills are a requirement; Dutch language skills are less important.
Being able to present a certificate of good conduct, a valid proof of identity, diploma’s and/ or relevant registration such as BIG/ RGS can be conditions for the appointment.
Terms of employment
A position in one of the top hospital pharmacies in the Netherlands, in a large network of clinicians in the hospital and (inter)national. The post-doc position is currently for 2 years, but this period may be extended based on successful grant writing. The gross monthly salary amounts to a minimum of € 3.808,- (scale 11) and a maximum of € 5.944,- (scale 12), depending on your level of education and relevant experience and based on a full-time working week of 36 hours. The terms of employment are in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement for University Medical Centers (CAO UMC).
Information and application
For more information about this position, please contact Dr. Birgit C.P. Koch, Hospital Pharmacist – Clinical Pharmacologist, phone number: +31 (0)10 703 32 02 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. For queries regarding your application, please contact Jerry Chandansingh, Recruiter, by phone number: +31 (0)6 500 310 06.
If you are excited by the thought of this position and would like to apply, please do so by using the below link.
No agencies please.
Keywords: Vacancy, Research, PhD, Medicine, Mathematics, Pharmacy, Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland