Are you looking for a challenging position where you will be involved in the research and development of virological assays with a focus on molecular virology? Are you result orientated and eager to learn? Than we might have the perfect vacancy for you. Currently we are looking for a:
MANAGER (POSTDOC) MOLECULAR VIROLOGY (R&D)
In this position you will be responsible for the development, validation and implementation of new virological assays for the clinical services of Viroclinics. You will work on several studies on a project basis. You will be a part of our Molecular Virology Services department, which currently consists of a Director, 4 Groupleaders, and 15 to 20 Technicians. You will be working at the Rotterdam Science Tower, where our head office is based.
The following tasks will be a part of your responsibilities:
- Supervising a team including the Groupleaders and Technicians;
- Development and validation of scientifically valid methods for the detection, quantitation and characterization of viruses;
- Designing and verifying the workflow/calculation templates;
- Writing standard operating procedures (SOPs) and forms;
- Ensuring that all quality data is accurately recorded, approved and provided to the QA department for review in a timely manner.
We are looking for a colleague who feels responsible for all proceedings performed within the department. You need to be focused on quality and pay attention to detail. Since we work on different projects simultaneously, you need to be able to switch easily between the projects and be flexible. Furthermore, you need to be communicative, reliable and be able to work at biological safety level II (BSL-2).
Required education and experience
- PhD degree in immunology, virology or a related field;
- 1-3 years of relevant working experience;
- Excellent English language skills, both verbally and written;
- Good knowledge of techniques used in detection and characterization of viruses, including real time RT-PCR, PCR, sequencing (Sanger/NGS);
- Good appreciation of GLP (Good Laboratory Practice);
- Experience in the Hepatitis B Virus field is considered an advance.
Terms of employment
The position is a fulltime position, for 40 hours a week. We offer you a salary that corresponds with your education, experience and our company policy. We offer you a one-year contract with the possibility of extension and a permanent contract upon good performance. Furthermore, you will receive 8% holiday allowance and travel allowance.
Viroclinics Biosciences is a leader in the strongly growing and very dynamic market of diagnostic services companies. As a service organization we offer serological, virus-based and molecular analyses of any type of sample and combine this with a global logistics service network. We have customers from all over the world and our analyses encompass many types of viruses. Professionalism and high quality standards are hallmarks of our organization. The 130 employees of Viroclinics are diverse and motivated. Will you join us?
To apply for this position
Please send your CV and motivation letter before 1 December 2018 to Carla Coors, Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition by employment agencies is not appreciated.
Keywords: Vacancy, Research, Manager, PhD, Immunology, Virology, Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland