MRC-Holland is a fast-growing biotechnology company based in the Amsterdam Baarsjes. MRC-Holland consists of a multinational team of more than 90 employees. MRC-Holland is the inventor of the Multiplex Ligation-dependent Probe Amplification (MLPA) technique, a sensitive method to detect copy number changes in genes. MLPA is used by more than a thousand labs and hospitals worldwide for many different applications, including mutation detection in hereditary diseases and subtyping of tumours.
Due to continuous growth, we are looking for:
As a bioinformatics Scientist you have an expertise in bioinformatics and an understanding of the cancer genome to identify cancer driver aberrations and to associate those genetic events with a diagnostic value. You develop new data analysis strategies for tumour analysis with MLPA. You are also involved in designing and testing MLPA products, so that they meet our quality standards. MRC-Holland offers a young and dynamic working environment with good connections to labs worldwide. An opportunity to play a role in products that make a difference in a patient’s life.
- Providing scientific expertise in bioinformatics.
- Developing new data analysis strategies for tumour analysis.
- Designing and validating new MLPA products in collaboration with external research institutes.
- Actively participating in various research projects towards improvement of the MLPA technology.
- Translating scientific knowledge into new MLPA based methods.
- Performing MLPA quality tests and data analysis.
PhD or MSc degree in Bioinformatics, Computer science, Computational biology, Biostatistics or similar.
- Affinity with molecular biology, genetics, bioinformatics and working in a commercial setting.
- Experience with data analysis of Next Generation sequencing experiments is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of C#, SQL, Visual basic is preferred.
- Fluency in English in both writing and speaking. Knowledge of Dutch is preferred.
- Characteristics: Creative, analytical and organised. Able to work independently as well as part of the team.
Please send your motivation letter and curriculum vitae to email@example.com. The same email address can be used for any questions. Only applicants who are currently residing in the Netherlands and possess a valid working permit will be considered.
Keywords: Vacancy, Research, PhD, Master, Bioinformatics, Computer science, Computational biology, Biostatistics, Amsterdam, Noord-Holland.